SPONSOR A CHILD, MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The mission of the City of Angels Program is to make a positive difference in the lives of the children and youth in Frankfort who attend activities at the Kings Center. A one-on-one relationship is developed between a sponsor (either an individual or a group such as a Sunday school class, a church circle, a club, etc.) and a child. The anonymous sponsor, known as a Secret Angel, provides emotional support through monthly correspondence, gifts on special occasions, and spiritual support in the form of daily prayer for the child and his/her family. A person may also participate as a donor. The concept is simple: Helping children know that the Christian community loves them.
AS AN ACTIVE SPONSOR YOU ARE ASKED TO...
- Pray each day for the sponsored child
- Send one card a month to encourage the child
- Provide school supplies in August, such as paper, pencils, pens, folders, markers, not to exceed $20
- Donate $5 monthly ($60 yearly) toward expenses such as food/snacks, field trips, and other activities
- Provide a $40 to $50 Christmas gift
- Recognize the child on his/her birthday with a card
If you would like to enroll your child in the City of Angels program, contact Kay Scott at email@example.com.
If you are interested in participating as a sponsor/donor, please click below and print out the City of Angels brochure and mail to: The City of Angels Program, The Kings Center, 202 E. Third Street, Frankfort, KY 40601.